Free Breathing & Meditation for a Positive Outlook
Get immediate access to the special practices.
Your email will be added to the newsletter list when signing up for this freebie. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Power Living® is a conscious approach to living well - from how you think and what you eat to how you work, live, love and lead. We help you harness your mind and body and activate your Highest Self for optimal health, happiness and success.
Do you want to improve flexibility & boost mental awareness?
Learn from a master teacher
Tao Porchon-Lynch inspired millions and now you can study with her in two exclusive on-demand courses.
Tao Porchon Yoga: Master Course
In-depth teachings with Tao Porchon-Lynch at 96 years old in full action including her distinct Tango Sun Salutation, Tree Vinyasa, and her popular Shoulder Stand sequence. In addition to the 2 1/2 hour workshop, there are bonus poses, three practice sessions, a posture breakdown, Tao talking about her gurus, and so much more!Learn More
Tao Porchon Yoga: Stretch & Relax
A targeted course with yoga master Tao Porchon-Lynch designed to release muscle tension, relax the nervous system, and renew the mind. This one-of-a-kind program includes Tao at 96 years old in full action from her revitalizing Seated Stretches and calming Forward Bends to her accessible Shoulder Stand on the Wall and restorative Deep Relaxation. It is suitable for all levels.Learn More
Are you ready to Think, Eat & Live on Purpose?
Join Our Foundation Course
Power Living®: Think, Eat & Live on Purpose is a guided eight-week journey to align your life spiritually, mentally, physically, emotionally and environmentally. Isn't it time to claim your authentic, fully expressed life? Stay tuned for our live virtual launch.Learn More
We integrate the latest research in positive psychology, neuroscience, and integrative nutrition, and apply evidence-based approaches, coaching and mind-body interventions to support your "whole-person" well-being.
Our methods harness the power of the mind and body
How We Can Help:
On The Mat
Yoga & Mindfulness for Mental Focus and Awareness
Learn how to regulate the breath, focus the mind, tune the nervous system, control your energy, enhance intuition, and realize your true Self through the ancient science of Yoga and the latest in neuroscience.
In The Kitchen
Food & Wellness for Optimal Energy and Health
Use plant-based food as a "power tool" to charge your energy, change your mood, reduce inflammation, boost your immune system, heal dis-ease, lower your toxic load and minimize your footprint on the planet.
Out In The World
Empowerment for Authentic Success, Leadership and Impact
Harness techniques to boost creativity, increase optimism, build resilience, create a magnetic presence, lead with ease, earn "profit with a purpose" and show up authentically in all areas of your life.
Nice to meet you!
For closed captions on the video, click on [CC] and select language.
Hi! I’m Teresa Kay-Aba Kennedy, a Harvard Business School-trained Strategist, Master Coach, Certified Holistic Health Counselor and Yoga Teacher. I work with clients to harness the mind and body and activate their Highest Self for optimal health, happiness and success.More about me
I believe in our innate ability to heal, create and be fully expressed. My mentor, yoga master Tao Porchon-Lynch, was an example of that vibrant embodied energy and it served her well for 101 years.
Shop Our Products
From the award-winning Dancing Light autobiography of yoga master Tao Porchon-Lynch and beautiful image-quote book Shining Bright to the Power Living Mini-Escapes relaxation CD, our products are designed to inspire minds, transform health and empower success. Give the gift of inspiration and wellness to yourself and others as we move into the holiday season.Shop Now
Earn As An Affiliate
Do you want to empower others and make money at the same time? We’ve done the work of creating high quality content and experiences to inspire and empower people to reach their optimal health and highest potential. By becoming an Affiliate, you can leverage our expertise and earn a commission while spreading light around the world.Learn More
Do you want to bring more equity to wellness?
Tap Into Our Expertise
For two decades, we have been on the forefront of making wellness culturally, physically and financially accessible for communities of color.
- Founded first yoga studio in Harlem (2002); one of the first Black women on cover of Yoga Journal (2004); first Black Chair of the Board of Yoga Alliance, served six years on the Board.
- Worked with American Heart Association since 2007 training leaders to deliver Search Your Heart messages in culturally relevant ways to reach those at highest risk, including women, African American and Hispanics. Served on the International Stroke Committee, NY State Stroke Committee, NY State Advocacy Committee, Multicultural Leadership Committee and Harlem Go Red Committee.
- Led training for S.P.I.C.E. (Supporting Pre-Conception Individuals through Cultural, Cooking and Coping Essentials) for Caribbean, African American, African and Latino Women in Brooklyn sponsored by March of Dimes.
- Leader for the Harlem Healthy Living Initiative created by The Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce with Congressman Charles B. Rangel and The City of New York to help residents live healthier and productive lives.
- Delivered programs to a wide range of entities such as the East Harlem Asthma Center of Excellence, Ralph Lauren Cancer Center, Community Education Council 29Q, The Bridge Program, The Iris House, The Child Center of NY, Broadway Housing Communities, Harlem Wizards Basketball Camp, Alliance for a Healthier Generation, The City College of New York, The Abyssinian Baptist Church, The Sistah Summit, International Association of Black Yoga Teachers, and Cleveland Clinic's Speaking of Women's Health Tour.
- Featured in two Integrative Nutrition books and the American Heart Association Healthy Soul Food cookbook; contributed to various publications such as Essence, Black Enterprise, Uptown, BET.com, The Network Journal and Real Health; wrote five books, including Seven-Day PWR Detox: Cleanse Your Body, Mind & Spirit While Living Your Daily Life and 40 Days To Power Living: Think. Eat & Live On Purpose.
Are you hosting a wellness and/or empowerment event? We have led hundreds of events to connect with diverse audiences from the Black Enterprise Women of Power Summit and Mentoring In Medicine to the Congressional Black Caucus Health Empowerment Tour.
Do you want custom content? From creating culturally relevant healthy living segments targeting a Black audience for WBLS 107.5 FM to producing custom videos MetLife’s Global Women’s Initiative, we have experience tailoring content for specific audiences.
Do you need training for your team and/or leaders? From providing stress management training for the Association of Black Cardiologists to teaching “Creating Culturally Relevant Health Programs” for the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, we can deliver tailored training.
Contact us below to learn more and/or collaborate. We are also interested in advancing wellness in public policy (e.g., eliminating food deserts, expanding representation in research, providing greater access to preventative services). Read Yoga & The Black Experience on the Dharma Yoga blog, and stay tuned for our new initiative focused on using arts and media to empower individuals, support mental wellbeing and promote cross-cultural understanding with a focus on Black, Indigenous & People of Color (BIPOC).
Want To Connect?
Send us a message and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
From Our Blog
A Dose of Power Living
Power Living Mini-Escapes
Isn't it time to have the clarity and energy to manifest your destiny?
Become A Part Of Our Global Community
Named a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, Terri has traveled to 50 countries and led programs in places like Dubai, China, Chile, Costa Rica, India, the Bahamas, Jamaica, Slovenia and Montenegro. When you join our online events and courses, you become a part of a global community of like-minded people.
Get inspiration delivered to you...
Join thousands of others and sign up for our Power Living newsletter. Receive inspiration in your inbox, as well as sneak peeks on special events and offers. Always know that your information will not be shared.Yes, I want it!