Roasted Root Vegetables
Root vegetables, like carrots and parsnips, are very grounding and filling. One of the best fall and winter treats is a plate of Roasted Root Vegetables. It's a great way to eat in season. Try out this recipe below:
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 large or 2 small parsnips
1 large or 2 small rutabagas
1 medium yellow onion
1 medium carrot
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped fine
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Scrub root vegetables and peel onion.
3. Cut all the vegetables into ½” pieces.
4. Toss the vegetables with the oil, salt, rosemary and a few turns of pepper.
5. Place the mix onto a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
6. When the vegetables are soft turn the heat up to 425 degrees for an additional 5 – 10 minutes or until the vegetables have a golden color.
You can serve the Roasted Root Vegetables as a snack with some Savory Tahini Sauce, or as a side dish to your main meal. Use the same instructions about to make Roasted Sweet Potato Fries. Let us know what you think!
Contributed by Teresa Kay-Aba Kennedy.
Images: Teresa Kennedy and Pexels.
Get inspiration delivered to you...
Join thousands of others and sign up for our Power Living newsletter. Receive inspiration in your inbox, as well as sneak peeks on special events and offers. Know that your information will not be shared.